Saturday, May 24, 2008

PENFRIENDS

So we are finding it a little awkward helping Mr. T with his writing as he is left handed and we are not. At this stage I am quite happy to let him grip the pencil any way that is comfortable for him which right now is using a fist. Problem is he has a constant ink stain up his left arm as he smudges as he writes...Ah well am sure we'll get there in the end.

I have found a yahoo group that is designed to find homeschoolers penpals and I thought it would be a great way for Mr. T to learn about different countries and cultures. We have found some really great sounding people and have had a geography lesson as well. I got out the globe and we have found the different places each penpal lives in.

Life is just so exciting I can't imagine how boring it would be if Mr. T had been a school-goer. Some days we spend the whole day in our pj's lounging around watching Spongebob Squarepants, some days we are super green aware and sort out the vegie patch and other days we bake. I must admit though, it seems impossible keeping the house in some sort of tidy state I am forever slipping on books, toys, textas and tracing paper - and I wouldn't have it any other way.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi :) It is Chrissy. My oldest is also a lefty. My brother is a lefty so I have called him many times asking for tips. The biggest one that he has given me is to not make him write in a notebook that has a spiral on the left side. It is hard for him to write in it. I let Dragon use the composition notebooks and now I have seen some notebooks that have the spiral binding at the top. I think that we might give those a try.

Good luck!